Friday, November 28, 2008

Perodua MYVI - Malaysian Modification

I've seen and heard of many strange things in all my years. You know that our highways are no stranger to being the final resting place for many dead mammals and reptiles, but have you ever seen a fish? Yes, a fish. I once saw a tilapia on the side of the road on the way to work; if I were in a comic strip there'd be "WTF" written all over my face.

Then a week after my encounter with the dead tilapia on Jalan Kuching, the boss tells me over a cigarette that he saw a monkeyummm "doing the Lambada" with a dog on his way in. Hrrmmm. It would be cool to see what a dog and monkey cross breed would look like.

But even that couldn't prepare me for what I was about to encounter with the pink Myvi being featured here: smiley face tyre valve caps. I bet the girls would LOVE these.

Another strange thing is that I'm writing this feature about an undeniably feminine looking car, Slipknot is going full blast on my headphones. (Can't have heavy metal blasting on the speakers at the office now, can we?) Heavy metal and a pink car just do not go together. Not at all.

When I first laid eyes on this Myvi from Redzone Motorsports, I was shocked. I was told it was a pink car, but I was not expecting a shade of pink as shocking as this. I'm not saying that I don't like the car, oh no, far from it. This is one of the best looking Myvis I've seen so far.

(The rest of the article can be found in Hypertune Vol. 59)
Text: Mark
Photos: Kenny Yeoh

Perodua Myvi 1.3(A) Specification


Engine K3-VE, 1.3 litre, DVVT, 4-cylinder, Redline air filter, SQV NA air compressor, Hurricane cold air intake, D1 VSD 16 volt boost up unit, D1 grounding cables and volt stabilizer, titanium and carbon exhaust muffler
Transmission Stock 4-speed automatic
Electronics Pivot Turbo Timer, 60mm black faced vacuum, RPM, and voltage gauges

No comments:

Post a Comment